Colorado EOC Task Book
Submit Your Completed EOC Task Book Here!
The Colorado Emergency Management Association has entered a strategic partnership with the Colorado Office of Emergency Management, to manage the EOC Task Book certification program
The EOC Task Book program was created because:
- There was no state-wide standard for EOC personnel.
- It creates a professional standard for deployment to and operating in an EOC.
- When disasters extend through multiple operational periods, additional EOC personnel are required.
The certification task book provides 4 levels of function.
- A local certification tool
- A job aid to use preparing to deploy into an EOC or during an EOC activation
- A training tool to base curriculum on, or to train from the document.
- A state professional certification
The program will provide:
- A standard for certification to ensure the basics are present in EOC personnel deploying into a disaster area.
- EOC personnel certified on state systems and plans.
- A person certified to execute critical tasks for the task books of EOC Manager, Planning Section Chief, Logistics Section Chief and Emergency Support Function roles (ESF).
- Certified personnel who can provide relief for exhausted initial response EOC staff.
- A resource pool of personnel who can mobilized under the resource mobilization plan and fund.
- A professional standard that defines EOC operations as a critical and specialized skill of emergency managers.
For further information, please contact
EOC Task Book Committee Chair